A Cut Above...David Cook
25 years old
Real Name: No Information
Joined: 21-August 08
Profile Views: 2,689*
Last Seen: 23rd September 2010 - 03:38 PM
Local Time: May 18 2013, 03:06 PM
1,066 posts (0.62 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
26 May 2009
Great short interview with the NYPost when he was in town for the NYU show.
3 Mar 2009
Date: Mar 3, 2009 10:54 PM
Subject: A Sincere Apology.
Body: First off, Thank you to everyone at the Carlisle, PA show. the show was amazing, and that is due, in huge part, to the audience. You were loud. You were proud. Loved it.
However, I have to apologize for two things. One, since the flu bug that we all got reared its ugly head, I haven't been able to come out after the show to say hello, sign, etc. I hope that everyone understood. As long as I'm/we're well, you know we'll come out.
Two, I want to specifically apologize to the fans that stayed after tonight for us to come out. It was brought to my attention that many of you were turned away before we could come out, and I, myself, witnessed some of you being run off while I was signing/talking/taking pictures with you. I can assure you that that was not our doing, and that any time we have the authority to say so, those kinds of things will not happen. Occasionally, power trips ruin it for everyone, and I'm sad to say that whoever had one tonight, did just that. I sincerely hope that this incident didn't sour your overall experience tonight of the show. We look forward to coming back into this area ASAP and playing for all your smiling faces again soon.
WTG PA people... And secondly, David is amazingly sweet.
13 Feb 2009
Help pledge 10,000 community service hours before David's Anniversary of winning American Idol!
In a joint effort between David-Cook.org and David's Cookie Jar, DAVID: The Game That Keeps Giving is a fun, interactive way to give back to your community in honor of David and his efforts to promote advocacy.
Hear what he is saying:
Atlanta - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtOPG8AddTg
GMA - http://s418.photobucket.com/albums/pp269/D...ent=MyMovie.flv
17 and under - TBA
18-39 - TBA
40+ - TBA
International Fans - TBA
Everyone who turns in a pledge form will be PMed a prize signature according to how many hours you have completed!
1. Participants will be divided into 4 groups: 17 and under, 18-39, 40+, and International Fans. Each individual in each group will have their own game board and task list.
2. DAVID: The Game That Keeps Giving is similar to BINGO. You must get 5 spaces in a row in order to get "DAVID".
3. To cover any given space, the task in that box must be completed (refer to the task list for description of tasks). Participants are encouraged to take pictures of themselves while completing the tasks.
4. For every DAVID that is completed without using the same number twice (max of 5), your name will go into the the drawing for a prize. If you achieve a BLACKOUT or completed all the tasks on your game board, you will recieve 7 entries in the prize drawing.
5. *You will find that some tasks on the list are repeated. If you want to check off both tasks, you must complete the tasks more than once. (i.e. if there are 2 Yoplait lid tasks for 6 lids each, to mark off both tasks you must collect 12 lids total)
*There are 2 picture tasks. Each picture must be taken with a different person but as a courtesy to the band members, one picture can be taken with two band members in it. (For example, to mark off both spaces, you must have your picture taken with Kyle and then with David…or you can have 1 picture taken with both Kyle and David)
6. All tasks that have been completed since May 21, 2008 count as a completed task and towards a bingo/DAVID.
7. Some tasks are worth bonus prize entries. These can be found on your task list. (i.e. picture with David and starting a Relay for Life team)
8. If task(s) cannot be completed in your area, please PM me and request approval for an alternate task. (Task must be requested and approved for the task to count towards a bingo/DAVID.)
9. All entries must be submitted by May 11, 2009. (Participants who are going to the Virginia Beach concert on May 30 and are planning on getting their picture made with David, must submit their game board minus the picture on May 11 as well.. Please specify that you are planning on getting your picture made so we can hold your entries until we have confirmation from you. Your picture(s) with David must be submitted by June 6.)
10. For all entries to count, you MUST submit a pledge form stating how many hours you completed. Pledge form found here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/7brdxl
Please send form to:
Please put "DAVID: The Game That Keeps Giving entry" in the subject line.
DO NOT forget to include you username and your age group.
Please list the spaces you have completed according to the game board. EX: D1 #1, A #2, Free Space, I #4, and D2 #5
Also feel free to post photos and share stories about your experiences!
Thanks everyone!! And HAVE FUN!!
Game boards and task lists can be found below.
17 and under - http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo125/C...ardpurple-2.jpg
18-39 - http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo125/C...ebackcard-1.jpg
40+ - http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo125/C...ackcardblue.jpg
International - http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo125/C...backcardINT.jpg
Task Lists (PDFs)
17 and under - http://www.4shared.com/file/87672985/3eaa1...and_under_.html
18-39 - http://www.4shared.com/file/87673098/ee6d0...st__18-39_.html
40+ - http://www.4shared.com/file/87673382/15e56..._List__40_.html
International - http://www.4shared.com/file/87673614/2b8fb...rnational_.html
Operation Give Back t-shirts available below!!
All proceeds will be donated to American Cancer Society or Rock Against Cancer in David's name!
Please feel free to use one of the signatures below to spread the word and show your support for Operation Give Back.
Any questions? PM me!
4 Feb 2009
I'm usually not a big AI watcher (last season my my first time and I'm glad I tuned in ) but I am already a big fan of Danny. I think he has a great voice and could be a front runner to win this season.
14 Aug 2011 - 11:30
25 Jul 2011 - 13:24
6 Nov 2010 - 23:45
12 Sep 2010 - 14:14
18 Mar 2010 - 7:08
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 18th May 2013 - 12:06 PM|