Can you use white bread in bread pudding?
Any kind of thick cut, white bread works well – I typically opt for brioche or challah bread. Slice the bread into cubes, then place in a greased 9×13 inch casserole pan. To make the custard-like sauce, whisk 6 large eggs.
How do you make bread pudding with wheat bread?
How to make
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in 2-quart ungreased casserole. Add bread cubes and raisins; toss to coat.
- Beat eggs slightly in bowl. Add milk, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and salt; mix well.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over warm pudding, if desired. Serve with maple syrup or ice cream topping, if desired.
What can I do with old bread?
15 Ways to Use Up Stale Bread
- Leftover Bread Croutons.
- Italian Breadcrumbs.
- Italian Sweet Bread Pudding.
- Panzanella (Italian Bread Salad)
- French Onion Soup.
- French Bread French Toast.
- Italian Bread Soup Recipe (Pappa al Pomodoro)
Is bread pudding made from old bread?
For the Bread Pudding Day-Old Bread: You’ll need 6 cups of cubed, stale bread. You can use any kind you have on hand – french, challah, brioche, regular sliced, etc. Milk: I prefer whole milk, but you could use 2% as well. Milk is such a big part of this recipe, it’s best to go with high fat to get the best result.
Can u use whole wheat bread in bread pudding?
For a family that LOVES bread pudding, double this recipe and bake it in a 9×13-inch pan. Enjoy this healthier version – which features whole wheat bread, reduced sugar, and apple or pear – for breakfast or dessert!
Can I freeze stale bread?
Bread also freezes extremely well. If we don’t have an immediate need for the stale bread, we cut it into slices or cubes (or leave it whole if we’re lazy), package it in a freezer container, and throw it in the freezer. It thaws in a few minutes and we can use it however we want!
How can I tell when bread pudding is done?
Bake uncovered for 50 to 60 minutes or until the center of the mixture reaches 160 degrees F when measured with a food thermometer. At this temperature, a metal knife inserted near the center of the pudding comes out clean. Serve warm or cold. Do not let bread pudding set at room temperature over 2 hours TOTAL time.
Why is my bread pudding wet on the bottom?
3. The last reason your bread pudding is soggy could be because of aluminum foil! If you cook your bread pudding with aluminum foil on the top, some of the moisture can’t escape during the cooking process and instead succeeds in leaving your bread damp and soggy.
Can you mix store bought frosting with Cool Whip?
Can you mix Betty Crocker frosting with Cool Whip? Sure! Adding Cool Whip, or any type of whipped cream, to store-bought frosting will help with the texture greatly. Just be careful that it doesn’t create a too-sweet finish.