Table of Contents
Can you wipe a Mac remotely?
Remotely erase a device In the Find My app on your Mac, click Devices. In the Devices list, select the device you want to erase, then click the Info button on the map. Click Erase This Device. Note: You can also Control-click the device in the Devices list, then choose Erase this Device.
How do I remove remote from my Mac remotely?
How to remove devices from Find My
- On the device, go to Find My in Settings, or System Preferences, as above.
- Turn off Find My.
- Next, turn off the device.
- On another device you own, open the Find My app.
- Tap or Click on Devices.
- Select the device and then right-click on Mac, or tap on iOS.
- Choose Remove This Device.
How do I wipe a managed Macbook Pro?
Click the Apple () symbol in the menu bar and select System Preferences…. When the preferences pane appears, select System Preferences -> Erase All Content and Settings from the menu bar. Enter your admin password in the Erase Assistant dialog prompt and click OK.
Can I wipe an Apple phone remotely?
Remotely Erase Your Missing iPhone Open the Find iPhone app from another iOS device such as an iPad or from a computer’s web browser. Visit the iCloud.com website and log in to your iCloud account. Select All Devices, then choose the device you want to erase. Select Erase iPhone.
Can you remotely wipe a laptop?
To Remote Wipe your Windows computer, go to the Device page in DriveStrike. Click “Wipe” and you will be prompted to enter your credentials again to confirm the remote data erasure action. After you confirm the remote wipe action, DriveStrike issues a secure command that the Windows machine will execute.
Should I lock or erase a stolen Mac?
Erase Your Mac: Wipes all your personal data from the Mac. You should really use Lock Your Mac; Erase Your Mac is only really useful if you have unsecured private data you want to delete. It’s better just to set up FileVault before your Mac goes missing.
Does remote wipe erase everything?
Remote wipe is a feature that allows you to remove all data from your mobile device should it ever get lost or stolen. The documentation below outlines the process for Android, iOS devices, and Windows 8 phones.
How do I remotely wipe a device?
Other things you can do if your phone is lost or stolen?
- Go to your phone’s ‘Settings’ and click ‘Android Device Manager’
- Select ‘Allow Remote Lock and Factory Reset’
- Make sure the ‘Remotely Locate This Device’ button is clicked.
- Now check the ‘Allow Remote Lock and Factory Reset’ box.
Can a MacBook be tracked if turned off?
1 Answer. Show activity on this post. There is no way to trace your MacBook Pro if the thief does not connect it to the internet, because at the very least the MBP needs to ‘dial in’ to announce it’s location.
How do I remove a trusted device from my Apple ID?
Using iPhone or iPad
- Open Settings and tap your name from the top.
- Scroll down and tap a device.
- Tap Remove from account.
- Confirm by tapping Remove.
How do I force administrator Delete on Mac?
Delete a user or group on Mac
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups . Open Users & Groups preferences for me.
- Select the user or group you want to delete, then click the Remove button (looks like a minus sign) below the list of users.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Delete User.
How do I reset my Mac to factory settings without password?
If you still can’t reset your password, erase your Mac When you’re asked to select an admin user you know the password for, choose Erase Mac from the Recovery Assistant menu in the menu bar. From the Erase Mac window, click Erase Mac, then click Erase Mac to confirm.