Do you bare or bear responsibility?
You can bear a child, bear a responsibility, ask someone to bear with you, bear a heavy load or bare your teeth. Confusion arises in the verb form, especially in the past tense. In the present tense, there are two spellings: bear and bare. to bare means to uncover, to become naked.
How do you spell bare as in carry?
You can also think of the phrase a bare bear, meaning an uncovered bear. Bare means to expose, and both words end in “e”—this is the only time when “bare” is correct. Bear should be used in every other situation.
Are bears weight or bare weight?
bare/ bear Bare means naked, but to bear is to carry something. A bear is also a brown furry animal, but most people keep that one straight. If you can’t bear to remember it all, just imagine a lumbering grizzly carrying a heavy load, and you’ll bear this knowledge with glee!
What does it mean to bear weight?
Bear weight means “support.” The builders designed the structure to bear weight. Bear the pain means “endure the pain.” Ask for an aspirin if you can’t bear the pain.
What is meaning of bears down?
intransitive verb. : to exert full strength and concentrated attention. bear down on. 1 : emphasize. 2 : to weigh heavily on : burden.
Can not bear weight on foot?
The Definition of Non-weight bearing simply means that you can’t put any weight on your injured lower limb for a period of time, which can be anything from weeks to months (1). This is usually the result of a leg, ankle, or foot illness or injury, such as a fracture, ruptured tendon or damaged ligament.
Can bears weight?
An adult male black bear can weigh up to 600 pounds, females up to 350 pounds. Although brown bears re- semble black bears, they are generally larger than black bears. On average, an adult female brown bear weighs between 300 to 800 pounds, an adult male between 400 to 1200 pounds.
What does to bear on mean?
Definition of bear on 1 : to have an effect on (something) Personal feelings did not bear on our decision. 2 : to apply or relate to (something) What are the facts bearing directly on this matter?
How do you use bear down in a sentence?
exert a force or cause a strain upon.
- These shots were not sufficient to fetch the bear down.
- The nurse will tell you when to bear down.
- The courts must bear down on young criminals.
- The teachers bear down on English teaching.
- The enemy warship tried to bear down on our small airboat.
Can not bear weight on leg?
Can you bear weight on your feet?
FWB means no restriction to weight bearing. In other words, 100% of a person’s body weight can be transmitted through the designated limb. This term is somewhat interchangeable with the term ‘weight bear as tolerated’ (WBAT) which allows the patient to self-limit their weight bearing up to full body weight.
How do you use bear on in a sentence?
Bear on sentence example
- I never had a bear on the place until you came along.
- On the one hand there has arisen a school of thinkers of the type of Thomas Hill Green, who have brought to bear on his metaphysical views the idealism of modern German thinkers.
Do you bear a child or bare a child?
The correct phrase in English is “To Bear children”. “To bare children” is incorrect and should not be used in English.
How do you use bear as a verb?
- bear something The pain was almost more than he could bear.
- She bore it all with her usual patience.
- She couldn’t bear the thought of losing him.
- bear doing something I can’t bear having cats in the house.
- He can’t bear being laughed at.
- bear to do something He can’t bear to be laughed at.
Is Bare past tense of bear?
As an adjective, bare means lacking clothing, naked, exposed to view, or lacking adornment. As a verb, it means to make bare, to uncover, or to expose. Its past tense is bared. Bear has no adjectival definition.