Does relaxing your hair make it stop growing?
In some cases, if you continue to relax your hair, you can cause permanent damage to your hair follicles, when this happens, your hair will not grow back.
Can your hair be healthy with a relaxer?
Having relaxed hair isn’t synonymous with damaged hair. It’s possible to have healthy, thriving hair even if it is chemically treated, however, overprocessing the hair with additional chemicals like hair color, heat styling, and skipping regular trims can lead to damage.
How often should relaxed hair be trimmed?
To keep your hair from getting too damaged, which happens easily with relaxed hair, try to trim every 4-6 weeks depending on your hair texture and growth speed. If you are combining chemical treatments, like a relaxer and color, frequent moisturizing should be your top priority to avoid damage.
How do you maintain relaxed hair length?
Best Ways To Retain Length With Relaxed Hair
- Low Manipulation. Leave your hair alone!
- Deep Condition. Deep conditioning restores strength and elasticity making the strands more resilient.
How can I grow my hair long?
Tips To Grow Long Healthy Hair
- Get frequent trims — yes, really.
- Resist the urge to go blonde.
- Distribute your hair’s natural oils.
- Eat the right foods.
- Avoid heat styling tools.
- Skip The Daily Shampoo.
- Add A Vitamin To Your A.M.
- Finish Your Shower With a Cool Rinse.
How long does it take for relaxer to grow out of hair?
“The amount of time [it takes to completely transition] depends on the length of your relaxed hair, how often you trim or cut off the relaxed hair, and if there are any setbacks such as hair breakage or hair loss. It can take as long as a year (or longer) if you do basic trims every three months versus the big chop.”
What is a good protein treatment for relaxed hair?
Best Protein Treatments for Relaxed Hair
- TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Treatment Mask.
- VitaKeratin Deep Repair Hair Mask.
- Cream Silk Triple Keratin Rescue Ultimate Straight Ultra Treatment Wrap.
- Dove Keratin Repair 1 Minute Serum Conditioner.
- Dove Amino Restore 1 Minute Serum Conditioner.
- Egg White Treatment.
- Coconut Milk Hair Mask.
How can I grow my hair and keep its length?
10 Easy Ways To Grow Your Natural Hair Longer And Retain Length
- Prioritize Your Scalp. michebeauty_
- Deep Condition Weekly.
- Detangle Gently.
- Use Products With Nourishing Ingredients.
- Do More Protective Styles.
- Limit Heat Styling.
- Keep Your Hair Balanced.
- Get Regular Trims.