How do I free up insufficient storage?
Optimize Your Storage Space
- Back Up to the Cloud. This is a smart move with your laptop and other devices in addition to your phone.
- Move Your Files to an SD Card. If you use an iPhone or certain Android phones, this isn’t an option.
- Optimize Your Photos.
- Clear Your Cache.
- Delete Old Files.
- Pare Down Your Apps.
Why my phone storage is always full?
Android phones and tablets can fill up quickly as you download apps, add media files like music and movies, and cache data for use offline. Many lower-end devices may only include a few gigabytes of storage, making this even more of a problem.
What apps can I delete to free up space?
Need More Space? 10 Apps to Free up Storage on Your Phone
- CCleaner. If you have an Android device, download CCleaner | iStock.com/yuran-78.
- Clean Master. Clean Master will clean up your Android phone | iStock.com/ Kikovic.
- Cleanup Duplicate Contacts.
- Duplicate Contacts.
- Google Photos.
- iMyfone Umate.
How do I fix insufficient storage error on my Android phone?
Open the Settings app, tap Storage (it should be in the System tab or section). You’ll see how much storage is used, with details for cached data broken out. Tap Cached Data. In the confirmation form that appears, tap Delete to free up that cache for working space, or tap Cancel to leave the cache alone.
Why is my Android phone Storage full after deleting everything?
If you’ve deleted all the files you don’t need and you’re still receiving the “insufficient storage available” error message, you need to clear out Android’s cache.
Do text messages use storage space?
You’ll be surprised to see how much storage space your text messages take on your smartphone. You may not even realize those messages are being saved to your phone. Don’t worry, you can delete them. Be sure to delete messages with photos and videos first — they chew up the most space.
Does deleting text messages free up storage space?
Why does my storage keep getting full Android?
Either you are installing more apps, or the apps you have are writing data/files to the internal storage over time which is filling it up. I think, it’s better use Link2SD app to move apps to SD card 2nd partition.
What can I delete to get more storage?
Clear the app’s cache & data
- Clear cache: Deletes temporary data. Some apps can open slower the next time you use them.
- Clear data storage: Permanently deletes all app data. We recommend trying to delete from inside the app first.
What uses the most storage on your phone?
Photos and videos can be some of the most space-hogging items on your phone. Luckily, if you’ve got an Android phone, you’re probably already uploading your photos to Google Photos — and can therefore take them off your phone.