How do I start iPhone simulator in Xcode?
To run your app in Simulator, choose an iOS simulator—for example, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, or iPhone 6 + Apple Watch – 38mm—from the Xcode scheme pop-up menu and click Run. Xcode builds your project and then launches the most recent version of your app running in Simulator on your Mac screen, as shown in Figure 1-1.
How do I open Xcode simulator on Mac?
Access Simulator from Xcode
- Choose Xcode > Open Developer Tool > Simulator.
- Control-click the Xcode icon in the Dock, and from the shortcut menu, choose Open Developer Tool > Simulator.
How do I open iOS simulator on Mac?
The basic way to open a list of simulators is to use Xcode -> Window -> Devices and Simulators.
How do I select default simulator in Xcode?
Open Xcode. Select the Window menu option. Choose the Devices and Simulators menu. Select the Simulators tab.
How do I put iPhone emulator on my Mac?
Anybody can do it by installing Apple’s iOS simulator on their Mac for free….Installing the iOS Simulator on Your Mac
- Download and install Xcode from the Mac App Store.
- Right click on the Xcode icon in the Applications folder and select Show Package Contents, as shown below.
- Open the iPhone Simulator application.
How do I get iOS simulator for Mac?
How to Download and Install an iOS Simulator in Xcode
- Open up your Xcode and go to Xcode > Preferences… through the top menu bar (you can also use shortcuts: Command + ,):
- Select Components:
- Click on the download icon that stands on the left side of the simulator you want to download and install:
How do I install iOS emulator apps?
Install Apps on Simulators
- Go to Apps > Install Application.
- Find and open the app you want to install from your Mac.
- The app appears in the list of installed apps on the right side of the iOS Gateway window.
How do I connect my iPhone to Xcode?
Pairing an iOS device with Xcode
- Open Xcode and go to Window > Devices and Simulators.
- Plug your iOS device into your Mac using a lightning cable. You may need to select to Trust This Computer on your device.
- Select your device and then select the Connect via network checkbox to pair your device:
How do I open the Mac simulator?
- Launch XCode.
- From the XCode menu, select Open Developer Tool > Simulator.
- In the dock, control (or right) click on the Simulator icon.
- Select Options > Show in Finder.
- While holding down Command and Option, drag the Simulator icon to the applications directory.