How do you delete all messages on iPhone 4?
Apple iPhone 4 – Delete Email Messages
- From the Home screen, tap. Mail. .
- Tap the appropriate email account/inbox (e.g., All Inboxes, Gmail, Yahoo, etc).
- Tap the email message. To delete multiple emails, tap. Edit. (located in the upper-right).
- Tap the. Delete icon. (trash can) located at the bottom.
How do I clear my iPhone text history?
Apple iPhone – Delete Messages
- From a Home screen, tap the. Messages icon. .
- To delete a single conversation, swipe left on the conversation that you want to delete. To delete more than one conversation: Tap. Edit. (prior to selecting a conversation). Tap. Select Messages. .
- Tap the. Trashcan icon. .
- Tap. Delete. .
How do I permanently delete my text history?
Here’s how: Long-press the message thread you’d like to remove. It will highlight with a checkmark. Tap on the trash can icon at the bottom and confirm.
How do I bulk delete iPhone messages?
You can remove all the messages at once by tapping “Delete All” and then tapping the “Delete Conversation” confirmation. This is the same as swiping left on an entire conversation as explained above.
How long do text messages stay on your phone?
They sit on the company’s server for anywhere from three days to three months, depending on the company’s policy. Verizon holds texts for up to five days and Virgin Mobile keeps them for 90 days. AT, T-Mobile and Sprint do not keep the contents of text messages.
How do you delete text logs?
Delete your message history Important: If you use Google Chat and not classic Hangouts, visit turn history on or off in Google Chat. Open a conversation. Delete conversation. If you’re sure you want to delete your conversation, tap Delete.
How do you clear your text message memory?
Delete old text messages Be sure to delete messages with photos and videos first — they chew up the most space. Here’s what to do if you’re using an Android. Go to your Messages app and press down on a message or conversation until you see a checkmark and the word Delete.
Does iPhone save deleted text messages?
You can retrieve deleted text messages on your iPhone by restoring it with an iCloud backup. If you save backups to your computer, you can use iTunes or Finder to recover your iPhone’s texts. If all else fails, reach out to your cellular carrier — they may restore deleted messages for you.
How do I delete messages in bulk?
Once you’ve got the Messages app installed and up to date, batch deletion is a cinch:
- Open the Messages app.
- Select a chat thread.
- Long-press on a message to highlight it.
- Tap any additional messages you wish to remove.
- Tap the trash can icon from the menu bar at the top of the app screen to delete the messages.
How far back do iPhone text messages go?
How Far Back Can Text Messages be Retrieved on iPhone? As we mentioned above, you can easily scroll to the first message on iMessage only if conversation history is kept on your iPhone. It means that you can retrieve text messages on iPhone even 4 years ago or longer.
What is message history on iPhone?
You can view your iMessage history by tapping Messages and then scrolling through your conversations. If your device is set to never delete conversations, all messages will be stored on your device and you can look through them. If some have been deleted, there are steps you can take to view them.
How do I erase old messages?
1 Delete a Message
- Open Messages.
- Locate the conversation that has the message you want to delete then tap on it.
- Touch and hold the message you want to delete.
- Tap the trash can to delete the message.
- Tap Delete on the confirmation prompt.
Do text messages take up storage on iPhone?
Text messages, photos, videos, gifs, and audio notes combined can take up a few gigabytes of space in no time. And you may not even realize it, as your iPhone or iPad are set to store every message you send or receive forever – by default.
Can you select all messages on iPhone?
Open Mail and go to your Inbox. Tap Edit in the upper-right corner, then individually select the emails that you want to delete, or tap Select All.
How do I erase text messages?
Delete individual text messages
- Open the Voice app .
- On the bottom, tap Messages .
- Tap the conversation.
- Touch and hold the message you want to delete. Optional: To delete multiple messages, touch and hold the first message, then tap more messages.
- In the top right, tap Delete .
- Tap Delete to confirm.