How do you do a drop cap in Word?
Add a drop cap
- Select the first character of a paragraph.
- Go to INSERT > Drop Cap.
- Select the drop cap option you want. To create a drop cap that fits within your paragraph, select Dropped. To create a drop cap that is in the margin, outside of your paragraph, select In margin.
Where is drop cap Word 2013?
On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click Drop Cap.
How do you add drop cap and Word Art in Word 2013?
In this article I explain how to Drop Caps in Word 2013….Add Drop Caps in Word 2013
- Open your Word document that you want to apply Drop Caps to and click on the “Insert” Tab.
- Now within the “text” group, click on the “Drop Cap” button.
- After selecting a drop cap word automatically add it to the selected paragraph.
What are the two types of drop cap available in Word 2013?
There are two types of drop cap:
- Dropped: Wraps text around the drop cap.
- In Margin: Isolates drop cap into the left margin.
How do you insert a drop cap in a document?
How to create a Drop Cap in Google Docs
- Click on Insert in the menu bar.
- Select Drawing and then New.
- Click on Actions and select Word art.
- Enter the first letter to create a drop cap and press Enter.
- Then click on Save and close.
- Select the word and click on the Wrap Text button.
What is a drop cap?
A drop cap is a large capital letter that you can insert in text to add style and emphasis. You can add drop caps to body text or text within a shape or text box on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
Which tab contains the drop cap option?
Click the “Insert” tab in the Ribbon. Then click the “Drop Cap” drop-down button in the “Text” button group. To add a drop cap that is part of the document, choose the “Dropped” option from the “Drop Cap” drop-down button’s menu.
How many drop caps are available in MS Word?
In the Drop Cap window, you can change the number of Lines to drop from 1 to 10. The default setting is three.
Why drop caps are used in a Word document?
A drop cap is the where the first character of the first paragraph is made larger, taking up several lines of text or the first few sentences. Drop caps are used in various media, including books, newspaper articles, documents, and webpages. Drop caps add style or grab a reader’s attention.
Why do we use drop cap in Word?
Drop Cap is a formatting option in MS Word that allows you to insert a fancy capital letter that drops down below the line of text.
How do you insert a drop cap in Word 2007?
Open a document in Word 2010 or 2007, and select the letter you want to insert as drop cap. Click on the “Insert” tab, and in the “Text” group you can find “Drop Cap” button. Click it, and hold the mouse pointer over your choice to see a preview in your document.