How do you fix an unreadable Xbox 360 game?
What do you do when your Xbox disc is unreadable?
- Check your profile. Make sure that you’re using the same profile that you used to purchase the game.
- Clean your disc. Remove the disc you’re trying to run from your console.
- Transfer the game license to your console.
- Reinstall the game.
How do I make unreadable discs work?
Here are a few methods to try to fix your scratched disc at home:
- Rubbing Alcohol Method: Get a lint free non scratching cloth.
- Toothpaste Method: Use a small dab of the gritty type of toothpaste.
- Banana Method: Use a banana that is peeled and cut in half.
- Skip Scratch Fixer Method:
- Petroleum Jelly Method:
Why wont my Xbox read any discs?
Hair, dust, and debris can find its way inside your Xbox and cause disc errors and internal-component malfunctions. The laser lens is the most important—if it gets dirty, it won’t read a disc properly and will need to be replaced.
Why won’t my Xbox read my disk?
Hidden dirt Hair, dust, and debris can find its way inside your Xbox and cause disc errors and internal-component malfunctions. The laser lens is the most important—if it gets dirty, it won’t read a disc properly and will need to be replaced.
How do you fix an unreadable XBox 360 disc Reddit?
Find a game store that has a disc repair machine and get the disc resurfaced for a small fee. Toothpaste also works, as long as you use it properly (only abrasive toothpaste; radial motion only; rinse it off immediately). Lots more XBox 360 disc scratching information here.
Does Xbox 360 scratch disks?
Informal testing has shown that the Xbox 360 DVD drive does indeed scratch discs when moved while it is reading a disc–particularly if the console is moved between vertical and horizontal orientations.