How do you freeze a scrolling cell in Excel?
Freeze columns and rows
- Select the cell below the rows and to the right of the columns you want to keep visible when you scroll.
- Select View > Freeze Panes > Freeze Panes.
How do you make a set of cells stay while scrolling?
Select the cell in the upper-left corner of the range you want to remain scrollable. Select View tab, Windows Group, click Freeze Panes from the menu bar. Excel inserts two lines to indicate where the frozen panes begin.
Can you freeze only certain cells in Excel?
In Excel, this is not possible (specific cells). You can freeze along a complete Row or a Column so that up or left is always visible.
How do I freeze a cell until I scroll past a certain point in my worksheet?
Create Table (Ctrl+T) and then it should work. Once you create the Table, then Freeze Panes will work automatically without freezing the row. Like this do for other ranges.
How do I freeze the first 3 rows in Excel?
To freeze rows:
- Select the row below the row(s) you want to freeze. In our example, we want to freeze rows 1 and 2, so we’ll select row 3.
- Click the View tab on the Ribbon.
- Select the Freeze Panes command, then choose Freeze Panes from the drop-down menu.
- The rows will be frozen in place, as indicated by the gray line.
How do I stop my Excel spreadsheet from moving?
Start by clicking the “File” tab on the Ribbon. Next, select “Options” at the bottom of the list on the left. From there, click the “Advanced” button and then uncheck the “After Pressing Enter, Move Selection” box to disable all movement of the selected cell.
How do you scroll in Excel without jumping cells?
Press SCROLL LOCK, and then simultaneously hold down CTRL and an arrow key to quickly move through large areas of your worksheet. Note: When SCROLL LOCK is on, Scroll Lock is displayed on the status bar in Excel. Pressing an arrow key while SCROLL LOCK is on will scroll one row up or down or one column left or right.
How do I freeze only a few rows in Excel?
Freeze rows or columns
- To lock one row only, choose the View tab, and then click Freeze Top Row.
- To lock one column only, choose the View tab, and then click Freeze First Column.
- To lock more than one row or column, or to lock both rows and columns at the same time, choose the View tab, and then click Freeze Panes.
How do I freeze non consecutive rows in Excel?
Select the row below the row(s) you wish to freeze. Click the View tab on the Ribbon. Select the Freeze Panes command, then choose Freeze Panes from the drop-down menu. … Your selection will be frozen in place.
How do you freeze a Subheader in Excel?
Freeze/Lock More than One Column in Excel
- Select the top-most cell in the column which is right next to the columns that contain headers.
- Click the ‘View’ tab.
- In the Zoom category, click on the Freeze panes drop-down.
How do you freeze multiple rows?
How to Freeze Multiple Rows
- Select the row immediately below the rows you want to lock.
- Click on the “View” tab at the top and select the “Freeze Panes” command.
- From the resulting dropdown list, select the “Freeze Panes” command.
How do I lock scroll?
Look at your computer keyboard and locate the “Scroll Lock” key at the top, between the “Print Screen” and “Pause/Break” buttons. Click the “Scroll Lock” key and lock the scroll lock bar. When you lock the scroll bar, a small light appears on your keyboard.
How do I limit the scrolling area in Excel?
Click the Office Button and select Excel Options button (at the bottom)…Define a scroll area in Excel
- From the Developer tab, in the Control group click Properties.
- Locate Scroll Area and enter the range you want to limit the worksheet to. Such as A1:Q30.
- Press Enter then Close the properties.
Can you freeze non sequential cells in Excel?
Sorry, no, that isn’t possible. Was this reply helpful?
How do you freeze a row until the next frozen row?
Go to the View tab and click the Freeze Panes button. From the drop down menu select if you want the header row, the first row of data, or the header column, the first column of data to be frozen. I will select Freeze Top Row to lock the first row in place. That’s it!
How do you freeze multiple rows in Excel?
How do you stop a page from moving in Excel?
How to turn off Scroll Lock in Excel for Windows
- On some Dell laptops, you can use the Fn + S shortcut to toggle Scroll Lock on and off.
- On an HP laptop, press the Fn + C key combination to turn Scroll Lock on and off.