How much wider should grommet curtains be than the window?
MEASURE WIDTH The curtain width should measure 1 ½ to double the width of the window for fullness.
What size do grommet curtains come in?
Keep in mind that the standard length of grommet panels is 84”, although longer lengths are also available. Generally, grommet curtains just go to the floor.
How many grommets are in a curtain panel?
An average drapery will have 8 grommets per width, so dividing by 7 is a good place to start! One tip for making professional quality grommet draperies is to place seams in the space behind a grommet so that is behind the rod.
What are standard window panel sizes?
Window Panel Size Chart
|For windows measuring||You will need|
|Up to 29 inches wide||1 Panel|
|30 inches – 39 inches||2 Panels|
|40 inches – 48 inches||2 – 3 Panels|
|49 inches – 72 inches||3 – 4 Panels|
How do you measure for grommet panels?
- Make a large drawing of the window (or set of windows) you will make grommet curtains for.
- Measure the inside width of each window by measuring first at the bottom, then at the middle, and then at the top, and note the widest measurement on your drawing.
Is it hard to add grommets to curtains?
Grommets add a modern and professional finish to any curtain panel. They also tend to cost more than regular drapes. However, adding grommets to premade or custom panels isn’t as hard as it looks. The secret to having a well-tailored grommet panel is grommet tape.
How do you measure a window for panels?
Here’s how to measure:
- Measure the width of the window opening from outside edge to outside edge of the window casing.
- Add 6″ to each side (12″ total).
- Take the total number (your measured width plus what you added to each side), and divide it by the number of panels you want to order.
Can you replace curtain grommets?
Most panels have 6 or 8 Grommets (except for oversized panels so just be sure to double check). If your grommets are larger, you can order extra and cut/piece the covers together. If your grommets are smaller and you can cut apart the covers to make smaller.
How do you size a grommet?
Method #1: Measure the Panel One great way to determine the thickness and diameter of the grommet you need is to measure the panel….You can do this by measuring the:
- Thickness of the panel.
- Size of the hole where the grommet will be applied.
- Size of the object that will pass through the hole.
How do you add grommets to existing curtains?
How to Install Plastic Curtain Grommets in Just 4 Steps
- Trace the shape of the grommet. Use a template if provided.
- Cut out the traced circle.
- Insert the raised eyelet side of the grommet through the hole on the right side of the fabric.
- Snap or install the pronged side of the grommet onto the raised eyelet side.