Table of Contents
What are the responsibilities and daily activities of a phlebotomist?
Phlebotomist responsibilities include:
- Identifying patients via ID, medical record or other means.
- Drawing blood using needles and other equipment.
- Labeling samples correctly and send them for testing.
What are the responsibilities of a phlebotomist?
Phlebotomist Job Responsibilities: Serves patients by identifying the best method for retrieving blood samples and other specimens, preparing specimens for laboratory testing, and performing screening procedures.
What are 3 technical duties of a phlebotomist?
The phlebotomy technician’s responsibilities include drawing blood, conducting patient interviews, checking patients’ vital signs, and transporting blood samples to the laboratory for testing.
Which of the following is the main area of responsibility for every phlebotomist?
Final Exam Study Questions
|WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING IS THE MAIN AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY FOR EVERY PHLEBOTOMIST?
|PART OF BEING A RESPONSIBLE MEMBER OF A HEALTH CARE TEAM INVOLVES?
|UNDERSTANDING THE MISSION, GOALS, OBJECTIVES.
Which of the following tasks may be the responsibility of the phlebotomist in the hospital setting?
Reason: The phlebotomist in the hospital setting may have a variety of duties including collecting blood samples, proper handling of samples, timely delivery of samples and sending specimens to a referral laboratory for tests not performed in the hospital laboratory.
Which of the following may be a duty of the phlebotomist?
|Which of the following may be a duty of the phlebotomist?
|Perform POCT (point of care testing)
|Which of the following is an example of proxemics?
|zone of comfort
|Which of the following is proper telephone technique?
|being careful of the tone of your voice when answering the phone.
What is the specific role of a technical support representative?
Job Summary: The Technical Support Representative will provide technical assistance and answers to users questions, assisting users by troubleshooting problems with computer hardware or software.
What are at least five job skills that are important for phlebotomists to have Why are these important?
5 Qualities of a Phlebotomist
- Compassion. A Phlebotomist’s primary duty is drawing blood.
- Detail oriented. Phlebotomists must draw the correct vials of blood for the tests ordered, track vials of blood, and enter data into a database.
- Hand–eye coordination.
- Ability to Multitask.
- Team Player.
What are the duties and responsibilities of technical support?
Technical Support Responsibilities:
- Identifying hardware and software solutions.
- Troubleshooting technical issues.
- Diagnosing and repairing faults.
- Resolving network issues.
- Installing and configuring hardware and software.
- Speaking to customers to quickly get to the root of their problem.
What are the responsibilities of the technical department?
Typical Technical Support responsibilities include:
- Installation & configuration of a company’s computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Maintenance and monitoring of computer networks and systems.
- Logging the queries of customers and employees.
What are some skills of a phlebotomist?
Essential Skills of a Phlebotomist
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Adaptability to a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Proper personal hygiene.
- Critical thinking & problem solving abilities.
- Multitasking and time management skills.
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize assignments.
What is professionalism in phlebotomy?
Professionalism shows patients that you are skilled, competent, and trustworthy—important qualities when needles are involved! Exuding professionalism goes a long way in giving patients confidence in your abilities.