What were features of the Articles of Confederation?
Under the Articles, the national government consisted of a unicameral (one-house) legislature (often called the Confederation Congress); there was no national executive or judiciary. Delegates to Congress were appointed by the state legislatures, and each state had one vote.
What are the 5 major weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation?
Six Weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation:
- No central leadership (executive branch)
- Congress had no power to enforce its laws.
- Congress had no power to tax.
- Congress had no power to regulate trade.
- No national court system (judicial branch)
- Changes to the Articles required unanimous.
- consent of 13 states.
What were the 4 major problems of the Articles of Confederation essay?
This presented many problem to the states, as stated in a document about the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution, some of the problems of the Articles of Confederation were the poor international trade, poor foreign relations, weak economy, and Shay’s Rebellion.
What were 3 features of the Articles of Confederation AOC?
Article 1: Created the name of the combined 13 states as The United States of America. Article 2: State governments still had their own powers that were not listed in the Articles of Confederation. Article 3: The combined states were responsible for helping to protect each other from attacks.
What are the features of the Constitution?
Constitution of India – Major Features
- Lengthiest Written Constitution.
- Drawn from Various Sources.
- Blend of Rigidity and Flexibility.
- Federal System with Unitary Bias.
- Parliamentary Form of Government.
- Synthesis of Parliamentary Sovereignty and Judicial Supremacy.
- Rule Of Law.
- Integrated and Independent Judiciary.
What were 3 features of the AOC 3 weaknesses and 3 strengths?
Terms in this set (13)
- Strength 1. Congress could declare war, and start an army and navy.
- Strength 2. They could make peace and sign treaties.
- Strength 3. They can borrow money.
- Strength 4. They can organize a post office.
- Weakness 1. They had no power to draft soldiers.
- Weakness 2.
- Weakness 3.
- Weakness 4.
What are the most important features of the Constitution?
Three main characteristics of a constitution are treated: (1) a constitution is a supreme law of the land, (2) a constitution is a framework for government; (3) a constitution is a legitimate way to grant and limit pow- ers of government officials. Constitutional law is dis- tinguished from statutory law.
What are the 10 features of constitution?
Below are the characteristics of a good constitution:
- Responsibility and accountability:
- Separation of powers of the government:
- Representation of the people in government:
- Protects the fundamental human rights of citizens:
- Independence of the judiciary:
What were the most important features of the Constitution?
First it creates a national government consisting of a legislative, an executive, and a judicial branch, with a system of checks and balances among the three branches. Second, it divides power between the federal government and the states. And third, it protects various individual liberties of American citizens.